Wednesday 23 January 2019

Blue Monday

Well talk about Blue Monday!
Yes indeed I found the Monday just gone to be extremely blue. Of all the days in this long old January it had to be my most morose.
Why was that? Was it because  all day that's all I heard on the radio or social media etc or was it that it's a month since pay day back in Dec ( early due to Xmas) & now am truly feeling the pinch. Is it because I've still not had my  "live music" fix yet in 2019?
I'm not sure but everything came out on Monday, the tears flowed & feelings of deep sadness were truly overwhelming.
So this takes me to the background to starting this blog.
My aims are to help gig goers find great info on venues, places to stay & perhaps some new bands to check out, but it's also to explain how music helps me deal with what life has thrown at me in the last 10 years & boy has it flung some pretty nasty stuff!
Just a tad over 10 years ago now I lost my Beautiful Son aged 15yrs & music I can wholeheartedly say has been my saviour! So Monday came along & shook me to my core with lots of related memories & the feeling of true helplessness of not having that beautiful soul around anymore. Speaking to a lovely friend who is heavily involved in the music scene pulled me to my senses & made me see the year I have planned ahead with some exciting gigs together with special music friends. I really believe I let myself get so down with all the influences from media & with my pre disposure  if you like that I tend to have now ( my loss) i was more susceptible to all the hype.
Yet again though my nod to music saved the day. Never ever underestimate the healing power of music in whatever genre.....
Now wheres that gig calendar......

No comments:

Post a Comment