Monday 22 April 2019

Better than chocolate!

Easter Sundays should always spent this way in my book!
Roadrage festival held at the Corporation Sheffield was in its 1st year, with bands on 2 stages, great food stalls & lots of lovely motorbikes to be drooled over.
I have to admit I went to see one band in particular The Rising Souls.
After hearing them for the 1st time earlier this year on the radio I think,this was my first chance to see them live. To say I was a tad excited would be an understatement!
Arriving at the venue around 12.15pm I found Baranovitch were in full swing, great to see Steve & was a fab set.
I had a quick wander round bumped into friends then into the main room for a set from Silverjet.
Really enjoyed their energetic new  rock sound.  Shame that they were on early in the day as they would've drawn a bigger crowd later on in proceedings.
Up next were the band I've been raving about on social media for the last 3 months. I took my place on the barrier even though I was without my usual cohorts which is totally unheard of, I usually like to shy away from the front if I'm on my own but this was a set I wanted to experience totally. It was indeed the right decision!
Right from the moment the guys stepped on stage I was totally blown away, such a tight band, with Roy, Ciaran , Reece and the truly incredible vocals from Dave. They played tracks from their EP Set Me Free & a new song aswell. At first there weren't too many watching but they soon came as they hear Dave's soulful voice & bluesy rock with hints of Rival Sons & The Temperance Movement.
They seem to be thoroughly enjoying themselves & new guitarist Ciaran seems very at home.
The set is over far too soon for me. A much larger crowd than from the start show their appreciation & were wanting more, fantastic to see!
The guys go to sign some merch & have photos taken, with  nice little queue that had built up for them.
Then a little while later it's up to the VIP lounge for a little acoustic set.  Unfortunately it seems the timings  have been slightly mixed up...but after chilling with a beer & catching up Dave takes his place on a stool in the corner of the lounge, due to the time mishap theres not too many upstairs which is a shame but gave it more of a cool feel.
Dave treated us to a chilled out set of beautiful songs, it was pretty special.
This band are on the way up, they have their own headline gig in Edinburgh 31st May & festival's such as Steelhouse & Winterstorm coming up.
Get out to see them & experience this incredible band, I for one will try to catch at every opportunity I can!
sharesomesoul
http://www.therisingsouls.com


No comments:

Post a Comment