Thursday 14 March 2019

Post Festival Blues

Why are the post festival blues always so bad, they even seem to get worse as I get older. Feeling low & not being able get out of the spiral so easily. I had a fabulous time at the Winters End festival that has been hosted by Planet Rock down at Sandford Holiday Park down in Poole for the last 3 years.
We had 25 bands playing one stage from Friday evening through to Sunday night.
Spent time with lovely like minded friends & even made some great new music folk.What is it about weekends away watching bands, is it the camaraderie of the group of people that you spend time with? The music, seeing bands you really love,  the excitement of finding new music?
So what do you do about those blues? Well I immerse myself in the new music I've found from that festival, search for gigs that they may be doing & now as social media platforms are the place to find that info, I make sure I join groups & post about the music/bands that are new to me. If I can help just one other person to find something different then I'm happy. Music brings people together, theres a song to everybody's rollercoaster of highs & low with a  different meaning for every track but this itself unites passionate music followers everywhere.
Many of my friends have commented they have the post festival blues this week but I know it wont be long before we are all at gigs/festivals again to lean against the barrier singing, clapping & being part of one big rock family.
Love it & couldn't be without it.



No comments:

Post a Comment